Coronary Account Manager Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Missoula, MT, US
Yes, 50 % of the Time
40 hours per week
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 115,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
For years, Abbott’s medical device businesses have offered technologies that are faster, more effective, and less invasive. Whether it’s glucose monitoring systems, innovative therapies for treating heart disease, or products that help people with chronic pain or movement disorders, our medical device technologies are designed to help people live their lives better and healthier. Every day, our technologies help more than 10,000 people have healthier hearts, improve quality of life for thousands of people living with chronic pain and movement disorders, and liberate more than 500,000 people with diabetes from routine ﬁngersticks.
Abbott Vascular provides innovative, minimally invasive and cost-effective products for treatment of vascular disease. Our extensive portfolio includes drug-eluting stents, bare metal stents, guide wires, balloon dilatation catheters, imaging catheters and software, vessel closure devices, peripheral stents, thrombectomy catheters and atherectomy devices.
Our Spokane, WA and Missoula, MT currently has an opportunity available for a Coronary Account Manager. This role will be responsible for ensuring that the assigned territory meets or exceeds sales objectives and delivers profitable growth/market share expectations aligned with the Annual Plan. The Account Manager will work with, and report to, the Regional Sales Director to identify/evaluate market opportunities, business potential, and to achieve annual sales objectives in assigned territory. This individual will coordinate activities with Clinical Specialists, negotiate contracts with hospital customers, and keep the company informed of market dynamics & competitive activity.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Primary responsibility is to lead all commercial selling activity for the assigned territory by focusing on Interventional Cardiologists to promote the complete Coronary portfolio including atherectomy, carotid, PCIO, DES and base coronary and future product releases. This includes influencing stakeholders within the hospital, driving product utilization, support on contracting, relationship development, relationship management, market development and serving as the primary owner for sales target achievement of the designated territory.
- Secondary responsibility is to support clinical selling activity and some procedure case service. This includes selling on clinical differentiation in the procedure, value proposition, product launch, physician onboarding, early case coverage and training.
- Influence stakeholders within the hospital setting.
- Drive product utilization in key growth categories and driving sales/placement of capital to support product utilization.
- Support contracting efforts to gain favorable positions in accounts within the territory.
- Drive market development in new product segments and new product launches.
- Meet with current and potential customers to fulfill revenue and unit growth objectives assigned by company on a monthly / quarterly /annual basis.
- Develop and implement sales strategies by determining the relevant factors (e.g., product, competition, and pricing needs) of existing and potential accounts to effectively promote the company's products to appropriate hospital personnel and physicians.
- Develop action plans (i.e., weekly, quarterly, monthly) by analyzing quarterly and monthly sales figures and reports identifying the needs of accounts and discussing issues with the Regional Sales Director to help the organization achieve its sales goals.
- Develop relationships with hospital personnel and identify key purchasing decision makers in order to facilitate sales growth.
- Strengthen customer relationships by performing sales support activities (e.g., product training, therapy awareness., education events).
- Build networks of contacts to stimulate interest in the company’s products by attending and participating in trade shows, educational conferences, and seminars.
- Maintain clinical and technical expertise by attending company product training sessions.
- Prepare and submit reports to sales management by analyzing and compiling data, projections, and other relevant information.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE YOU’LL BRING
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 3-5+ years of related work experience
- Ability to travel 50% within assigned region
- Preferred background includes prior experience selling in the medical device industry
WHAT WE OFFER
• At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
• Training and career development, with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
• Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
• Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs
• Paid time off
• 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
• The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life to help you live fully: www.abbottbenefits.com
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength to build your future.
Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.
Connect with us at www.abbott.com, on Facebook at www.facebook.com/Abbott and on Twitter @AbbottNews and @AbbottGlobal.
The base pay for this position is $56,700.00 – $113,300.00. In specific locations, the pay range may vary from the range posted.
- regional sales
- sales growth
- sales target
- relationship management
- sales goals
- profitable growth
- relationship development
- market development
- sales management
- product training
- market dynamics
- sales support
- customer relationships
- driving sales
Who We Are
PUT YOUR TALENTS TO WORK
Abbott values the leadership skills developed through military service and we have a broad range of functional areas to put your talents to work. Our organization is making a difference in the lives of the people we serve with a diverse offering of healthcare products. We have a strong veteran employee community to help with your transition from the military to the corporate world.