Clinical Specialist – Structural Heart (Toronto, Ontario) Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Yes, 50 % of the Time
40 hours per week
Abbott is a global healthcare leader, creating breakthrough science to improve people’s health. We’re always looking towards the future, anticipating changes in medical science and technology.
Working at Abbott
At Abbott, you can do work that matters, grow, and learn, care for yourself and family, be your true self and live a full life. You will have access to:
• Career development with an international company where you can grow the career you dream of.
• A company recognized as a great place to work in dozens of countries around the world and named one of the most admired companies in the world by Fortune.
• A company that is recognized as one of the best big companies to work for as well as a best place to work for diversity, working mothers, female executives, and scientists.
This position is field based in Toronto in Abbott’s Structural Heart Division. This division’s purpose is to restore health and improve quality of life through the design and provision of device and management solutions for the treatment of structural heart disease.
As the Clinical Sales Specialist, you’ll have the chance to promote and support Abbott Structural Heart products, focusing on MitraClip™ and TriClip™, through education of current and potential customers and procedure coverage within a defined territory/region/area (mostly GTA and its surroundings) by providing clinical education and sales support in order to assist in achieving projected sales goals and increasing sales revenues within assigned product lines. Additional support may be needed outside of defined territory as business needs arise.
In addition, you will exhibit clinical competency, ensure patient centric focus, maintain high standards on clinical outcomes and actively support the Account Manager to identify opportunities and challenges within existing and potential accounts, while assisting in the achievement of business goals and increased sales revenue.
What You’ll Do
• Serve as primary resource for intraprocedural clinical support, including active troubleshooting in high stress environments, and effectively direct physician behavior in a clinical setting;
• Partner with Account Manager and Market Development Specialist to develop and establish territory strategy and referral pathways to expand patient access and deliver procedural growth;
• Ensure a firm grasp of account activity, current and historical performance;
• Educate interventional cardiologists, catheter lab staff and ancillary personnel on the merits and proper clinical usage of Structural Heart products and provide technical support to physicians during procedures;
• Deliver echo specific education to hospital labs, refer physicians and echo technicians;
• Communicate product, clinical and market data to appropriate personnel and support the company’s efforts to develop and implement product marketing strategies;
• Inform customers of the latest product, therapy and technology developments in the industry and engage in clinical, procedural and technical discussions, and link data outcome to key messaging;
• Meet with existing and potential clients to identify clinical needs, goals, and constraints related to patient care, and provide creative and feasible solutions;
• Build relationships in various hospital departments (Echo Lab, valve coordinator, surgery, purchasing, VP of cardiology, Hospital Administrator, etc.) and identify key decision makers to facilitate future sales;
• Collaborate with diverse constituents and physicians within the center (interventionalists, echo cardiologists, sonographers, cardiac anesthesiologists, CV surgeons, catheter lab management, etc.) to generate referrals, procedure scheduling, and ensure good clinical outcomes for patients;
• Maintain focus, flexibility and agility while faced with challenging organizational objectives and ever-changing environment;
• Remain compliant in ever-changing regulatory environment (internal and external);
• Respond to internal and external compliance demands;
• Maintain value to the customer, ensure skillset is viewed as being an expert in therapy and industry;
• Proactively invest in professional development and remain relevant;
• Operate the CRM (SalesForce customer relationship management) system and ensure information is available with the company on a timely and accurate manner;
• Travel required, up to 80% depending on region / territory and assigned therapy. Weekend educational events as needed, as well as evening dinners.
• Bachelor’s degree required.
• 1-3 years of experience in a similar role in a hospital required (cardiac catheterization clinical or other related healthcare company technical setting preferred).
• Excellent written and verbal skills.
• Knowledge of MS Office.
• Experience working with and programming databases.
• Proactivity and initiative.
• Excellent presentation, leadership and coaching skills and ability to work in a complex environment.
• Experience running and executing programs for Health Care Practitioners and other stakeholders.
• Works equally effective in a team environment and independently.
• The ability to handle a diverse and complex workload, largely in a clinical environment.
• Valid driver’s license.
• Willingness to travel extensively in Quebec and Ottawa and elsewhere as required.
• Experience in a hospital setting with Cardiovascular procedures.
• Cardiac Cath Lab or other hospital technical experience.
• Relevant clinical experience within medical industry.
• Knowledge of echocardiographic technologies.
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that can help you build your future and live your best life. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.
Connect with us at www.abbott.com, on Facebook at www.facebook.com/Abbott and on Twitter @AbbottNews and @AbbottGlobal.
- Professional Development
- Sales Support
- Technical Support
- ms office
- Key Messaging
- Market Development
- Changing Environment
- Sales Goals
- Technical Discussions
- Clinical Support
- Increasing Sales
- Clinical Setting
- High Standards
- Clinical Outcomes
Who We Are
PUT YOUR TALENTS TO WORK
Abbott values the leadership skills developed through military service and we have a broad range of functional areas to put your talents to work. Our organization is making a difference in the lives of the people we serve with a diverse offering of healthcare products. We have a strong veteran employee community to help with your transition from the military to the corporate world.