Clinical Specialist I, CPT - El Paso, TX Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
El Paso, TX, US
Customer & Technical Support
Yes, 25 % of the Time
40 hours per week
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 115,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Our Neuromodulation business is an area of expertise for Abbott. This business includes implantable devices compatible with mobile technology to help people who suffer from chronic pain and movement disorders. Our Solutions include Proclaim (TM) XR SCS System, the #1 Spinal cord stimulator on the market, Proclaim (TM) DRG Neurostimulator, the only FDA approved DRG therapy and a market leader in radiofrequency ablation therapy, Abbott RFA. These non-opioid therapies allow us to provide interventional pain therapy to patients throughout the pain continuum. Our deep brain stimulation technology for progressive diseases help people manage their Parkinson’s disease and essential tremor symptoms, steering away from side effects.
As a member of the clinical support team, is responsible for providing technical clinical expertise and support of the sales process to colleagues, current customers and/or potential customers. Works under general direction with clinical and sales teammates to identify and capitalize on sales opportunities by creating competency, comfort and expertise with all Abbott Chronic Pain Therapies among physicians, support staff and customers within assigned geography. Performs work that involves a high degree of independence. Exercises independent judgment in planning, organizing, and performing work. Seeks to continually improve territory efficiency.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
· Provides technical, clinical and programming assistance, primarily in support of 1-2 Territory Manager(s).
· Assist Territory Managers in after hours call support and activities.
· Integrates into all accounts, builds trust and relationships and establishes strong rapport with customers.
· Proficient in complex programming, case support.
· Works seamlessly with Territory Manager(s) allowing them increased selling time.
· Will foster high trust relationships with customers, including the regional team members.
· Will begin to conduct PCP work and educational in services, as directed.
· As directed by sales manager, contacts, visits and interests clients and potential clients in the Company’s products and addresses any client questions and concerns.
· Provides medical professionals with sales support, information, and training on the use of Company products and with staff education, in-services and technical troubleshooting.
· Develop and maintain an in-depth knowledge of assigned accounts and customers to include competitor activity
· Conducts evaluations and develops sales strategies for capital equipment opportunities within accounts.
· Collects and studies information about new and existing products and monitors competitor sales, prices and products.
· Provide feedback to providers both within operating room setting and outside operating room setting on the directions for use specific to implantable devices
· May attend trade shows where new products and technologies are showcased and conferences to meet other sales representatives and clients and discuss new product developments.
· Uses clinical expertise to identify customer training and in-service needs with the goal of increasing customer usage, comfort and understating of all Abbott Chronic Pain Therapies product line.
· Complies with U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulations, other regulatory requirements, Company policies, operating procedures, processes, and task assignments.
· Provides sales support, clinical inservices, training and guidance to current or potential customers.
· Maintains positive and cooperative communications and collaboration with all levels of employees, customers, contractors, and vendors.
· Performs other related duties and responsibilities, on occasion, as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE YOU’LL BRING
· Associates Degree or technical certification; preferred Bachelor’s Degree.
· 1 - 2 years work experience, strong preference working with patients in clinical setting
· The ability to communicate, understand and educate clinical data in the Chronic Pain Therapies space.
· Strong clinical skills.
· Excellent organizational, time management and prioritizing skills.
· Excellent interpersonal verbal, written and presentation skills with ability to effectively communicate at multiple levels and to large groups within and outside the organization.
· Capable of building strong working relationships with internal/external customers.
· Capable of working unpredictable schedule that may occasionally change on short notice due to operating room schedule changes and or delays.
· Accustomed to tight deadlines and managing multiple tasks.
· Strong sense of urgency.
· Ability to work in a highly matrixed and geographically diverse business environment.
· Ability to work within a team and as an individual contributor in a fast-paced, changing environment.
· Ability to leverage and/or engage others to accomplish projects.
· Strong verbal and written communications with ability to effectively communicate at multiple levels in the organization.
· Multitasks, prioritizes and meets deadlines in timely manner.
· Ability to travel 25% within assigned region and/or outside assigned region.
· Capable of engaging customers in selling conversations as needed and as directed by Territory Manager
· Patient interaction experience within health care related environment (Physical Therapy, medical product sales, RN, LPN)
· Experience working in a broader enterprise/cross-division business unit model preferred.
· 1-3 years experience with Abbott, or in similar spinal cord stimulation (SCS) setting or with another implantable medical device company.
WHAT WE OFFER
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
- Training and career development, with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
- Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
- Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs
- Paid time off
- 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
- The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life to help you live fully: www.abbottbenefits.com
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.
The base pay for this position is $56,700.00 – $113,300.00. In specific locations, the pay range may vary from the range posted.
- clinical setting
- physical therapy
- staff education
- presentation skills
- sales process
- pcp work
- product sales
- ability to effectively communicate
Who We Are
PUT YOUR TALENTS TO WORK
Abbott values the leadership skills developed through military service and we have a broad range of functional areas to put your talents to work. Our organization is making a difference in the lives of the people we serve with a diverse offering of healthcare products. We have a strong veteran employee community to help with your transition from the military to the corporate world.