Clinical Sales Specialist, Structural Heart, SI Stroke Prevention (Austin, TX) Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Austin, TX, US
Yes, 50 % of the Time
40 hours per week
Working at Abbott
At Abbott, you can do work that matters, grow, and learn, care for yourself and family, be your true self and live a full life. You’ll also have access to:
- Career development with an international company where you can grow the career you dream of.
- Free medical coverage for employees* via the Health Investment Plan (HIP) PPO.
- An excellent retirement savings plan with high employer contribution.
- Tuition reimbursement, the Freedom 2 Save student debt program and FreeU education benefit - an affordable and convenient path to getting a bachelor’s degree.
- A company recognized as a great place to work in dozens of countries around the world and named one of the most admired companies in the world by Fortune.
- A company that is recognized as one of the best big companies to work for as well as a best place to work for diversity, working mothers, female executives, and scientists.
Our business purpose is to restore health and improve quality of life through the design and provision of device and management solutions for the treatment of Structural Heart disease. We aim to lead the markets we serve by requiring the solutions we offer customers provide an improved benefit/risk profile as compared to existing standards of care; a performance threshold that by definition, guides and ensures the productive output of our engineering, business development, and clinical research efforts result in outcomes that advance the standard of care.
This particular role is focused on Abbott’s Stroke Prevention offering which encompasses patent foramen ovale (PFO) as well as the recently approved FDA approved AmplatzerTM AmuletTM LAA Occluder.
The Clinical Specialist provides clinical and sales support through education of current and potential customers, and procedure coverage with a defined region. In this role, the Clinical Specialist with train interventional cardiologists, catheter lab staff and ancillary personnel on the use of Structural Heart products and provide technical support to physicians during procedures. The role is responsible for communicating product, clinical and market data to appropriate personnel and will support the company’s efforts to develop and implement product marketing strategies.
This position may be hired at different level, depending on the experience of the candidate. This position may travel in excess of 50%.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
Collaborate with Territory Managers to provide good case coverage and clinical outcomes for patients
Serve as primary resource for clinical support in the areas of surgical coverage, troubleshooting and in-service education for company products
Educate customer on the merits and proper clinical usage of company products. Inform customers of the latest product, therapy and technology developments in the industry.
Actively engage in clinical, procedural and technical discussions and link data outcome to key messaging.
Meet with existing and potential clients (health care providers) to identify their clinical needs, goals and constraints related to patient care and provide creative and feasible solutions.
This role requires a strong clinical orientation with the ability to influence a variety of clinician personality types
BS/BA or equivalent experience.
9+ years cardiovascular exp. 3+ of which is SH, EP or AV specific clinical experience.
- Verification that you will satisfy all vendor credentialing requirements, which may include vaccination for COVID-19. If you require a medical or religious accommodation from these requirements or if you would like to understand more about these requirements, please advise HR so that we can provide additional information and if needed, we can explore any needed accommodation(s).
Degree in life sciences or medical training (RN, EMT, Perfusion, etc.).
Strong clinical orientation, experience with products for use in interventional cardiology and cardiac surgery, familiarity with echo cardiology and other indirect imaging.
Strong consideration will be given to candidates with EP (Electrophysiology) and SH (Structural Heart) sales experience.
* Participants who complete a short wellness assessment qualify for FREE coverage in our HIP PPO medical plan. Free coverage applies in the next calendar year.
Learn more about our health and wellness benefits, which provide the security to help you and your family live full lives: www.abbottbenefits.com
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that can help you build your future and live your best life. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.
The base pay for this position is $71,300.00 – $142,700.00. In specific locations, the pay range may vary from the range posted.
- sales support
- technical support
- key messaging
- clinical experience
- interventional cardiology
- medical training
- clinical support
- patient care
- technical discussions
- cardiac surgery
- clinical orientation
- clinical outcomes
- life sciences
Who We Are
PUT YOUR TALENTS TO WORK
Abbott values the leadership skills developed through military service and we have a broad range of functional areas to put your talents to work. Our organization is making a difference in the lives of the people we serve with a diverse offering of healthcare products. We have a strong veteran employee community to help with your transition from the military to the corporate world.