Clinical Associate I Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Jackson, MS, US
Customer & Technical Support
Yes, 50 % of the Time
40 hours per week
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 115,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Clinical Associate I
Abbott is a global healthcare leader, creating breakthrough science to improve people’s health. We’re always looking towards the future, anticipating changes in medical science and technology.
Working at Abbott
At Abbott, you can do work that matters, grow, and learn, care for yourself and family, be your true self and live a full life. You’ll also have access to:
- Career development with an international company where you can grow the career you dream of.
- Free medical coverage for employees* via the Health Investment Plan (HIP) PPO.
- An excellent retirement savings plan with high employer contribution.
- Tuition reimbursement, the Freedom 2 Save student debt program and FreeU education benefit - an affordable and convenient path to getting a bachelor’s degree.
- A company recognized as a great place to work in dozens of countries around the world and named one of the most admired companies in the world by Fortune.
- A company that is recognized as one of the best big companies to work for as well as a best place to work for diversity, working mothers, female executives, and scientists.
In Abbott’s Electrophysiology (EP) business, we’re advancing the treatment of heart disease through breakthrough medical technologies in atrial fibrillation, allowing people to restore their health and get on with their lives.
What You’ll Work On
In this role, you will be a key supporting player in cardiac mapping procedures. You will assist in the day-to-day management of various clinically related issues while working under direct supervision. You will provide educational and technical support in response to field inquiries from physicians, health care professionals, patients, and field sales staff. You will identify and routinely use the most effective, cost efficient and best business practices to execute processes; continually evaluating their effectiveness and appropriateness. You will exercise judgment in planning, organizing, and performing work. You will engage in activities and behaviors to become proficient in the servicing of accounts. As appropriate, you may assist marketing personnel in the support of advertising and promotional sales activities.
Each employee can make a difference at Abbott and has the power, either individually or as a team, to influence the success of the company. We are team-oriented, fast-paced, and progressive. We value people with great ideas who partner with others both internally and externally to take action and accomplish goals.
- Provides technical assistance and support for procedures in which Electrophysiology (EP) products are used, including during, pre- and post-procedures.
- Provides regional EP support on an as-needed basis.
- Develops and executes trouble-shooting for highly complex medical devices.
- Assists in the support of complex cardiac mapping procedures.
- Remains technically competent relative to best practices and the products offered in the marketplace.
- Develops, leads and/or facilitates trainings and other programs on Abbott products to healthcare professionals.
- Ensures that all pertinent patient information is completed and forwarded to patient tracking when required.
- Responsible for the management of any assigned physical inventory.
- Performs work that involves a high degree of independence.
- Identifies and implements the most efficient, cost-effective and best business practices to execute processes; continually evaluates their effectiveness and appropriateness.
- Identifies reports and advises of customer needs, product performance and potential sales opportunities to sales representatives / directors and/or management to influence sales growth and service of accounts.
- Participates in the creation and implementation of long- and short-term sales and business strategies.
- Support all Abbott initiatives as identified by management and in support of Quality Management Systems (QMS), Environmental Management Systems (EMS), and other regulatory requirements.
- Complies with U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulations, other regulatory requirements, Abbott policies, operating procedures, processes, and task assignments.
- Maintains positive and cooperative communications and collaboration with all levels of employees, customers, contractors, and vendors.
- Performs other related duties and responsibilities, on occasion, as assigned, which may include taking call on evenings and weekends for time-sensitive patient and customer needs.
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 25 lbs., as needed.
- Associate’s degree or certificate in healthcare-related field required. Bachelor’s degree in Bio-Medical Engineering or related technical field strongly preferred.
- Requires SJM Brady, Tachy, CRT, Ensite, and EP certification within 12-24 months of hire date.
- Requires HRS certification.
- Prior experience in a clinical setting or equivalent training/education in a related field.
- Strong technical aptitude.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and/or facilitate educational programs to healthcare professionals.
- Familiarity with cath lab and operating room procedures and protocol.
- Must apply engineering skills and abilities to analyze complex pacing ECGs.
- Must be able to work effectively with engineers, technical specialists, vendors, and customers to achieve assigned goals; must be capable of coordinating multiple assignments simultaneously and effectively.
- Ability to work in a highly matrixed and geographically diverse business environment.
- Ability to work within a team and as an individual contributor in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Ability to leverage and/or engage others to accomplish projects.
- Strong verbal and written communications with ability to effectively communicate at multiple levels in the organization.
- Multitasks, prioritizes, and meets deadlines in timely manner.
- Strong organizational and follow-up skills, as well as attention to detail.
- Ability to travel based on business need.
- Verification that you will satisfy all vendor credentialing requirements, which may include vaccination for COVID-19. If you require a medical or religious accommodation from these requirements or if you would like to understand more about these requirements, please advise HR so that we can provide additional information and if needed, we can explore any needed accommodation(s).
- A minimum of two plus years’ increasingly responsible experience in the cardiac pacing and related industries preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of cardiology, electrophysiology, or cardiac electro-physiology procedures preferred.
- Experience working in a broader enterprise/cross-division business unit model preferred.
* Participants who complete a short wellness assessment qualify for FREE coverage in our HIP PPO medical plan. Free coverage applies in the next calendar year.
Learn more about our health and wellness benefits, which provide the security to help you and your family live full lives: www.abbottbenefits.com
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that can help you build your future and live your best life. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.
The base pay for this position is $51,300.00 – $102,700.00. In specific locations, the pay range may vary from the range posted.
- Clinical Setting
- Health Care Professionals
- patient tracking
- Drug Administration
- CATH LAB
- Technically Competent
- Educational Programs
- CARDIAC MAPPING PROCEDURES
- Customer Needs
- Ability to Effectively Communicate
- Physical Inventory
- Health Care Professionals
- Technical Assistance
- Technical Support
- Drug Administration
Who We Are
PUT YOUR TALENTS TO WORK
Abbott values the leadership skills developed through military service and we have a broad range of functional areas to put your talents to work. Our organization is making a difference in the lives of the people we serve with a diverse offering of healthcare products. We have a strong veteran employee community to help with your transition from the military to the corporate world.