Category Manager Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Plano, TX, US
40 hours per week
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 115,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Abbott is a global healthcare leader, creating breakthrough science to improve people’s health. We’re always looking towards the future, anticipating changes in medical science and technology.
Working at Abbott
At Abbott, you can do work that matters, grow, and learn, care for yourself and family, be your true self and live a full life. You’ll also have access to:
Career development with an international company where you can grow the career you dream of .
Free medical coverage for employees* via the Health Investment Plan (HIP) PPO
An excellent retirement savings plan with high employer contribution
A company recognized as a great place to work in dozens of countries around the world and named one of the most admired companies in the world by Fortune.
A company that is recognized as one of the best big companies to work for as well as a best place to work for diversity, working mothers, female executives, and scientists.
Our Neuromodulation business includes implantable devices compatible with mobile technology to help people who suffer from chronic pain and movement disorders. These non-opioid therapies allow us to provide interventional pain therapy to patients throughout the pain continuum.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Category Manager at Abbott Laboratories in Plano, TX. As a Category Manager, you will be responsible for overseeing the strategic direction and performance of a specific product category within our company. Your main responsibilities will be responsible for establishing, articulating, and implementing sourcing strategies for major spend categories, capital projects, suppliers or geographic regions. This position is responsible for obtaining program buy-in from various stakeholder organizations. Create and manage the project plan, identify the resources to support projects, drive multiple projects through complex sourcing process and ensure end results meet the requirements of all organizations impacted.
What You’ll Work On
• Build strong collaborative relationships with stakeholders/functions across the business to anticipate demand and requirements for materials and services.
• Implement procurement strategies that deliver best value to the business.
• Develop cross functional working relationships and networks to implement procurement strategies and performance improvement programs.
• Improve cost and margin performance through positively influencing external costs, utilising cost analysis techniques, competitive tendering processes, and the effective use of tools and processes.
• Negotiates commercial and contract terms, in line within established limits of authority.
• Evaluate and select best in class suppliers to meet the needs of the business.
• Continually improves quality and delivery performance, through the development and implementation of improvement programs.
• Understand category and supplier risks, develop and implement risk mitigation strategies, whilst communicating effectively through the business.
• Manages collaborative relationships with external suppliers, through sound relationship management techniques and the use of Business Review processes.
• Analyze and understand the market, market trends, technology and the evolving needs of the business, and ensure procurement strategies are updated and proactively support the business.
• Adhere to and ensure compliance with all company policies and procedures, documentation and training requirements.
Bachelors Degree: Business, Finance, Economics, Engineering, Chemistry/Biology or like degree ; minimum 8 years of experience
Other: Certified Purchasing Manager (CPM)-desired Emphasis on financial, technical, and business aspects to ensure best in class practices for Abbott. Computer applications (word processing, spreadsheets, and presentations).Supervision of matrix organization, Strong communication/persuasion, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
* Participants who complete a short wellness assessment qualify for FREE coverage in our HIP PPO medical plan. Free coverage applies in the next calendar year.
Learn more about our health and wellness benefits, which provide the security to help you and your family live full lives: www.abbottbenefits.com
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that can help you build your future and live your best life. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.
The base pay for this position is $90,700.00 – $181,300.00. In specific locations, the pay range may vary from the range posted.
- business review
- sourcing process
- competitive tendering
- delivery performance
- relationship management
- capital projects
- strategic direction
- ensure compliance
- cost analysis
- computer applications
Who We Are
PUT YOUR TALENTS TO WORK
Abbott values the leadership skills developed through military service and we have a broad range of functional areas to put your talents to work. Our organization is making a difference in the lives of the people we serve with a diverse offering of healthcare products. We have a strong veteran employee community to help with your transition from the military to the corporate world.