Automation Field Service Engineer (West Palm Beach) Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Boca Raton, FL, US
Customer & Technical Support
Yes, 20 % of the Time
40 hours per week
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 115,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
PLEASE NOTE: This is not an active open requisition. We are building a candidate slate for a future opening.
Abbott is a global healthcare leader, creating breakthrough science to improve people’s health. We’re always looking towards the future, anticipating changes in medical science and technology.
Working at Abbott
At Abbott, you can do work that matters, grow, and learn, care for yourself and family, be your true self and live a full life. You’ll also have access to:
- Career development with an international company where you can grow the career you dream of.
- Free medical coverage for employees* via the Health Investment Plan (HIP) PPO
- An excellent retirement savings plan with high employer contribution
- Tuition reimbursement, the Freedom 2 Save student debt program and FreeU education benefit - an affordable and convenient path to getting a bachelor’s degree.
- A company recognized as a great place to work in dozens of countries around the world and named one of the most admired companies in the world by Fortune.
- A company that is recognized as one of the best big companies to work for as well as a best place to work for diversity, working mothers, female executives, and scientists.
- This position is a remote position.
- Qualified candidates must currently live in the West Palm Beach, Palm Beach Gardens, Palm Beach, Lake Worth, Jupiter, Boynton Beach or Boca Raton, FL area.
- Relocation assistance is not authorized for this position
- Travel 20%
Embrace the vision of becoming the leading diagnostic service provider by achieving customer loyalty and economic profitability through passion, partnership, and performance. Efficiently provide technical support solutions including installation, corrective, pre-emptive and proactive maintenance. Go above and beyond to respond to customer needs by partnering with sales, marketing and other functional areas while adhering to current compliance guidelines.
What You’ll Work On
- Responsible for providing on-site support to Abbott Diagnostic Division customers, support field personal and District business objective, and goals
- Provide direction and mentoring to other Field Service Reps
- Troubleshooting and resolving complaints reported by customers on a minimum of eight increasingly complex instruments as detailed in the FS Business Process database
- Understand and follow Quality System by accurate and timely documentation of complaint resolution
- Understand and practice regulatory and compliance procedures
- Maintain a safe work environment following laboratory safety guidelines
- Schedule and complete routine preventive maintenance, installations and other updates provided by Abbott.
Integrate effectively into the service team:
- Work effectively within a diverse and dynamic team environment
- Support on call rotation, time, territory, and inventory management
- Standby and after-hours responsibilities, flexible working hours
- Unpredictable Travel, travel for support of other territories and training
- Provide on-site critical account support inside and outside of district boundaries.
- Responsible for IRL ownership to achieve organizational goals and customer satisfaction.
- Responsible to work cross functionally to achieve customer satisfaction through direct communication within the local performance partnership teams (P2T).
- Responsible to maintain ownership of customer issue until successful escalation or hand off takes place.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent relevant experience required.
- Proficiency in local language required.
- Travel- 20%
- Bachelors/Engineering Degree in Bio Medical/Electrical/Mechanical or Medical Technology is preferred.
- Practical experience of interfacing with customers preferred.
Trouble shooting/problem solving, ability to succeed in team situations and excel independently, computer skills (Word; Excel; Power Point, Internet, Remote Computing i.e VPN, remote troubleshooting etc.), effective communication skills and strongly demonstrated interpersonal skills.
Language: Basic English skills are preferred (written and oral).
* Participants who complete a short wellness assessment qualify for FREE coverage in our HIP PPO medical plan. Free coverage applies in the next calendar year.
Learn more about our health and wellness benefits, which provide the security to help you and your family live full lives: www.abbottbenefits.com
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that can help you build your future and live your best life. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.
The base pay for this position is $29.27 – $58.53 per hour. In specific locations, the pay range may vary from the range posted.
- Technical Support
- Problem Solving
- Proactive Maintenance
- Customer Loyalty
- RELOCATION ASSISTANCE
- Business Process
- Resolving Complaints
- Customer Satisfaction
- Technical Support
- Compliance Procedures
- Interpersonal Skills
- Inventory Management
- Customer Needs
- Complaint Resolution
Who We Are
PUT YOUR TALENTS TO WORK
Abbott values the leadership skills developed through military service and we have a broad range of functional areas to put your talents to work. Our organization is making a difference in the lives of the people we serve with a diverse offering of healthcare products. We have a strong veteran employee community to help with your transition from the military to the corporate world.