Associate Product Manager - Global & Upstream Marketing, Chronic Pain Therapies Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Plano, TX, US
Yes, 5 % of the Time
40 hours per week
Associate Product Manager - Global & Upstream Marketing, Chronic Pain Therapies
Working at Abbott
At Abbott, you can do work that matters, grow, and learn, care for yourself and family, be your true self and live a full life. You’ll also have access to:
- Career development with an international company where you can grow the career you dream of.
- Free medical coverage for employees* via the Health Investment Plan (HIP) PPO
- An excellent retirement savings plan with high employer contribution
- Tuition reimbursement, the Freedom 2 Save student debt program and FreeU education benefit - an affordable and convenient path to getting a bachelor’s degree.
- A company recognized as a great place to work in dozens of countries around the world and named one of the most admired companies in the world by Fortune.
- A company that is recognized as one of the best big companies to work for as well as a best place to work for diversity, working mothers, female executives, and scientists.
This position works out of our Austin or Plano, TX site in the Neuromodulation division. Our Neuromodulation business strives to restore health and improve quality of life through the design and provision of device and management solutions for the treatment of chronic pain and movement disorders. The portfolio includes implantable devices compatible with mobile technology to help people who suffer from chronic pain and movement disorders.
As the Associate Product Manager - Global & Upstream Marketing, Chronic Pain Therapies you will serve as the voice of the patient, clinician, and sale rep on development programs. Backs positions and decisions with data and current market knowledge.
What You’ll Work On
- Develops and owns customer requirements, and provides benchmark analysis vs. competitive solutions.
- Performs market research, competitive analysis, forecasting and ROI for justification of features and improvements
- Regularly conducts qualitative and quantitative research that defines an insight-driven product roadmap
- Sets growth vision for therapy area, identifies unmet needs and new markets, advocates for solutions, builds business cases, and secures organizational support for the roadmap.
- Contributes to annual global marketing plan by providing segmentation of the market, targeting and positioning, and all aspects of the marketing mix (product, place/distribution, price, and integrated marketing/promotion).
- Leads global commercial launch planning and execution for new products and indications
- Ownership of portfolio lifecycle management including clinical data planning, inventory and pricing strategy, competitive planning, market expansion & exit assessments
- Works closely with both US and international regional marketing teams
- Offer leadership to R&D and support organizations throughout development cycle (e.g. lead trade-off analysis, financial, and timeline impact).
- Represents the business during product demonstrations, testing programs, advisory boards, and across various congresses and events.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE YOU’LL BRING
- BS Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Math, Science, or Medical field.
- 4+ years of product marketing and commercial launch experience within medical device or similar industry.
- Strong influence management skills. Influences a wide variety geographies/cultures including Europe, Asia Pacific, Japan, Australia and Canada and functions including regulatory, sales, marketing, research, manufacturing and other cross functional.
- Strong clinical marketing skills using clinical data to support and drive key marketing claims across a wide variety of geographies
- Project management skills and the ability to manage complex projects and programs.
- Self-motivated, team player with learning agility
- Strategic thinker with analytical approach to problem solving and prioritization.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, and ability to adapt style and message to various audiences.
- Knowledge/experience with customer base – pain management specialists, neurosurgeons, orthopedic spine surgeons
- Experience with implantable devices and the FDA PMA process.
* Participants who complete a short wellness assessment qualify for FREE coverage in our HIP PPO medical plan. Free coverage applies in the next calendar year.
Learn more about our health and wellness benefits, which provide the security to help you and your family live full lives: www.abbottbenefits.com
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that can help you build your future and live your best life. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.
The base pay for this position is $80,700.00 – $161,300.00. In specific locations, the pay range may vary from the range posted.
- clinical marketing
- integrated marketing
- global marketing
- regional marketing
- upstream marketing
- product marketing
- marketing skills
- clinical data
- organizational support
- competitive analysis
- customer base
- market research
- manage complex projects
- project management skills
- analytical approach
- customer requirements
- portfolio lifecycle management
- management skills
- project management
- launch experience
- pain management
- pricing strategy
- product roadmap
- market knowledge
Who We Are
PUT YOUR TALENTS TO WORK
Abbott values the leadership skills developed through military service and we have a broad range of functional areas to put your talents to work. Our organization is making a difference in the lives of the people we serve with a diverse offering of healthcare products. We have a strong veteran employee community to help with your transition from the military to the corporate world.