Associate Category Manager - Minneapolis, MN Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Minneapolis, MN, US
Yes, 5 % of the Time
40 hours per week
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 115,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Our nutrition business develops science-based nutrition products for people of all ages, from helping babies and children grow, to keeping adult bodies strong and active. Millions of people around the world count on our leading brands – including Similac®, PediaSure®, Pedialyte®, Ensure®, Glucerna® and ZonePerfect® – to help get the nutrients they need to live their healthiest life.
Abbott is a global healthcare leader, creating breakthrough science to improve people’s health. We’re always looking towards the future, anticipating changes in medical science and technology.
Working at Abbott
At Abbott, you can do work that matters, grow, and learn, care for yourself and family, be your true self and live a full life. You’ll also have access to:
- Career development with an international company where you can grow the career you dream of .
- Free medical coverage for employees* via the Health Investment Plan (HIP) PPO
- An excellent retirement savings plan with high employer contribution
- Tuition reimbursement, the Freedom 2 Save student debt program and FreeU education benefit - an affordable and convenient path to getting a bachelor’s degree.
- A company recognized as a great place to work in dozens of countries around the world and named one of the most admired companies in the world by Fortune.
- A company that is recognized as one of the best big companies to work for as well as a best place to work for diversity, working mothers, female executives, and scientists.
Abbott Nutrition is hiring for an Associate Category Manager for the Minneapolis, MN office.
What You’ll Work On
Best in Class Category Management
- Build Abbott equity and influence retailer as a category knowledge resource through best-in-class insights and strategy development
- Provide Category Manager and Team Lead with category recommendations and strategy support based on analytical insights across all Target Category Captainships (Pediatric, Lifestyle Nutrition and Diabetic)
- Ability to identify key business opportunities for the category at a macro and micro level, while providing category management expertise to assist in achieving customer-specific goals
- Deliver strategic and tactical initiatives aligned with Target Sr Buyer and/or Team Lead direction
- Work seamlessly with onsite and offsite teammates to deliver shopper insights understanding via Target specific insights and strategy opportunities
- Serve as knowledge resource and expert on category and sales analytics, using Nielsen and Target IRI
- Develop, optimize and maintain shopper insights reporting, including Numerator and DOMO reporting and analytics; support deep dives into business driver opportunities through category reporting and insights development
- Perform comprehensive category reviews and POG build support, using Target-preferred metrics and industry analysis
- Develop, review and support programs that will increase category growth and drive Abbott share
- Maintain proficiency in the use of Abbott computer systems, space management software (JDA), Nielsen Workstation, account-specific data sources, Microsoft programs (PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Outlook).
- Penetrate retailer at various levels to build relationships and influence decision making
- Coordinate activities to develop, present and implement category management initiatives
- Provide relevant category and shopper insights to drive assortment, distribution, category placement and aisle recommendations
- Responsibilities include providing advanced analytics, shopper and consumer insights, and category recommendations to internal and external customers.
- Candidates must have excellent communication and organizational skills
- The ability to identify and present recommendations and develop effective and accurate reporting tools.
- Ability to identify and utilize appropriate resources is required.
- Position will interact with Target merchandising team and will have high visibility with internal Abbott cross-functional parts.
- Bachelor's Degree Required
* Participants who complete a short wellness assessment qualify for FREE coverage in our HIP PPO medical plan. Free coverage applies in the next calendar year.
Learn more about our health and wellness benefits, which provide the security to help you and your family live full lives: www.abbottbenefits.com
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that can help you build your future and live your best life. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.
The base pay for this position is $71,300.00 – $142,700.00. In specific locations, the pay range may vary from the range posted.
- sales analytics
- category management
- advanced analytics
- shopper insights
- decision making
- organizational skills
- medical science
- industry analysis
- space management
Who We Are
PUT YOUR TALENTS TO WORK
Abbott values the leadership skills developed through military service and we have a broad range of functional areas to put your talents to work. Our organization is making a difference in the lives of the people we serve with a diverse offering of healthcare products. We have a strong veteran employee community to help with your transition from the military to the corporate world.