Assistant I Microbiology Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Casa Grande, AZ, US
40 hours per week
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 115,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
MAIN PURPOSE OF ROLE
Summarize the main purpose of the role.
Entry para-professional individual contributor representing the most common entry point for this career stream.
Works under direct supervision within the Laboratory Technician sub-function.
- As the Entry para-professional in the Laboratory Technician Sub-Function, possesses basic knowledge in performing a variety of technical procedures such as preparing routine solutions and reagents and performing routine reactions.
- Makes and records observations.
- Performs simple calculations.
- Collects and prepares data for evaluation.
- Conducts laboratory support functions such as stocking and distributing supplies and equipment, arranging and dismantling apparatus, and collecting, washing, and storing glassware.
- Performs technical and record keeping duties in conformance with company and regulatory policies and standards to meet quality and accuracy requirements.
- May analyze compounds and manage corporate compound collection.
- Performs technical procedures in one or more of the following areas: Production, Research and Development, Quality Control/Assurance, and/or Compliance/Environmental.
- Technical Diploma
The base pay for this position is $18.07 – $36.13 per hour. In specific locations, the pay range may vary from the range posted.
- quality control
- record keeping
- support functions
- records observations
- regulatory policies
Who We Are
PUT YOUR TALENTS TO WORK
Abbott values the leadership skills developed through military service and we have a broad range of functional areas to put your talents to work. Our organization is making a difference in the lives of the people we serve with a diverse offering of healthcare products. We have a strong veteran employee community to help with your transition from the military to the corporate world.