Acute Care Inside Sales Account Specialist - Columbus, OH Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Columbus, OH, US
Yes, 5 % of the Time
40 hours per week
Abbott is a global healthcare leader, creating breakthrough science to improve people’s health. We’re always looking towards the future, anticipating changes in medical science and technology.
Working at Abbott
At Abbott, you can do work that matters, grow, and learn, care for yourself and family, be your true self and live a full life. You’ll also have access to:
- Career development with an international company where you can grow the career you dream of.
- Free medical coverage for employees* via the Health Investment Plan (HIP) PPO
- An excellent retirement savings plan with high employer contribution
- Tuition reimbursement, the Freedom 2 Save student debt program and FreeU education benefit - an affordable and convenient path to getting a bachelor’s degree.
- A company recognized as a great place to work in dozens of countries around the world and named one of the most admired companies in the world by Fortune.
- A company that is recognized as one of the best big companies to work for as well as a best place to work for diversity, working mothers, female executives, and scientists.
Our nutrition business develops science-based nutrition products for people of all ages, from helping babies and children grow, to keeping adult bodies strong and active. Millions of people around the world count on our leading brands – including Similac®, PediaSure®, Pedialyte®, Ensure®, Glucerna® and ZonePerfect® – to help get the nutrients they need to live their healthiest life.
Our Columbus, OH office has a position open for an Acute Care Inside Sales Account Specialist.
Primary Function / Primary Goals / Objectives
Abbott’s Acute Care Inside Account Specialist position provides quality service and products to Abbott Nutrition customers. The Acute Care Inside Sales Specialist is responsible for providing services and resources to acute care customers, including, physicians, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, registered dietitians, nurses, supply chain personnel and various healthcare professionals. This position works as a collaborative partner with the field sales force to maintain and drive AN business. Strong relationships among healthcare professionals are built by providing service, support, and education in alignment with sales and marketing strategies and direction.
- Responsible for supporting acute care hospitals and leave of absences with phone coverage to accounts across the nation.
- Building and maintaining relationships with healthcare professionals in the inpatient setting through leveraging educational resources designed to result in optimal patient care and improved outcomes.
- Demonstrate the ability to address each customer's unique needs, while providing them with the proper information and appropriate solution based on the customer's specific needs and interests.
- Communicates ethically and in accordance with the company’s marketing strategy.
- Responsible for implementing and maintaining the effectiveness of the internal systems.
- Collaborates cross-functionally with internal and external customers.
- Build, maintain and leverage relationships with existing Abbott customers during short- and long-term field territory vacancies.
- Responds to inbound customer calls place outbound calls to assigned hospital customers.
Accountability / Scope/Budget
- The Acute Care Inside Sales Specialist is accountable for a targeted number of healthcare facilities, in accordance with sales direction. The focus of accountability lies in the area of ensuring that the representative positively influences the product decisions of the healthcare professional and contractual products.
- It is mandatory that the representative is personally aware of and in compliance with the Medicare/Medicaid reimbursement and federal regulations concerning Abbott products.
- The representative must appropriately manage health care professionals (HCP) concerns regarding products, patient education services, reimbursement issues, contract requirements and continuing education.
- Clinical understanding of AN products plays a major role in Abbott customer satisfaction.
Qualifications & Attributes
- Bachelor’s Degree required, preferred in fields of Nutrition, Business, or Communication
- A strong business acumen
- Nutritional or science background is preferred
- Ideal candidates would have a proven track record of success in customer service or relationship-based positions.
- Demonstrated leadership and the drive to achieve beyond what is expected.
- Excellent customer relationship building skills.
- Strong communication, persuasiveness, and active listening skills.
- Must be able to work in a team environment and collaborate with others including openness to coaching and mentoring from others.
- Initiative and strong planning and time management skills.
- A strong interest in achieving and exceeding daily call goal quotas.
- Proficiency in computer skills and use of sales databases.
- Ability to manage monthly budget responsibilities and education distribution.
- Able to multitask in a fast paced environment and focused to expand the customer relationship.
- Enthusiasm and passion is a must!
* Participants who complete a short wellness assessment qualify for FREE coverage in our HIP PPO medical plan. Free coverage applies in the next calendar year.
Learn more about our health and wellness benefits, which provide the security to help you and your family live full lives: www.abbottbenefits.com
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that can help you build your future and live your best life. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.
The base pay for this position is $20.53 – $41.07 per hour. In specific locations, the pay range may vary from the range posted.
- field sales
- maintaining relationships
- customer satisfaction
- customer relationship building
- active listening
- inside sales
- marketing strategy
- patient education
- customer service
- patient education services
- acute care
- sales databases
- phone coverage
- patient care
- health care professionals
Who We Are
PUT YOUR TALENTS TO WORK
Abbott values the leadership skills developed through military service and we have a broad range of functional areas to put your talents to work. Our organization is making a difference in the lives of the people we serve with a diverse offering of healthcare products. We have a strong veteran employee community to help with your transition from the military to the corporate world.