Accounts Payable Specialist Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Abbott Park, IL, US
40 hours per week
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 115,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Working at Abbott
At Abbott, you can do work that matters, grow, and learn, care for yourself and family, be your true self and live a full life. You’ll also have access to:
- Career development with an international company where you can grow the career you dream of .
- Free medical coverage for employees* via the Health Investment Plan (HIP) PPO
- An excellent retirement savings plan with high employer contribution
- Tuition reimbursement, the Freedom 2 Save student debt program and FreeU education benefit - an affordable and convenient path to getting a bachelor’s degree.
- A company recognized as a great place to work in dozens of countries around the world and named one of the most admired companies in the world by Fortune.
- A company that is recognized as one of the best big companies to work for as well as a best place to work for diversity, working mothers, female executives, and scientists.
This position works out of our Abbott Park, Lake County, IL location in the IFO International Finance division.
As the AccountsPayable Specialist, you will work to ensure Abbott divisions are aware of and aligned with the Procure to Pay (P2P) process. You will respond to supplier and divisional inquiries, reconcile invoice statements, resolve invoicing issues, host monthly feedback sessions, and ensure proper training and utilization of technical systems.
What You’ll Work
- Serve as principal liaison to Abbott divisions, performing monthly, quarterly, and annual reconciliations of supplier accounts, statements, purchases, and payments to resolve complex issues.
- Front line contact to respond to escalated vendor, division, or other key partner inquiries related to invoicing and payment processing issues.
- Communicates with supplier accounts receivable, accounting manager, controller, and other layers of accounting staff to address disputes, informing management of urgent issues.
- Collaborate with division stakeholders to assist suppliers with resolving purchase order and invoice exceptions and discrepancies.
- Document repetitive PO errors and collaborate with P2P Specialist to establish root cause(s) which result in errors; offer solutions to resolve disputes and implement corrective actions with feedback from management.
- Perform quality control related to invoice processing, alerting third-party managers to ongoing issues, training needs, and providing feedback to processors.
- Ensure divisional stakeholders receive and understand the invoice aging report, provide training and feedback as requested.
- Support customer service by assisting the help desk; resolve critical escalations and provide feedback regarding invoice issue resolution as needed.
- Monitor back-end accounting processes, ensure invoice and payment batches post and release as expected; escalating major issues to appropriate parties and informing management.
- Manage accounting tasks related to accruals, mashes, GR-IR, credit memo reporting, and AP trial balance.
- Identify invoice and purchase order discrepancies, establish root cause(s), and offer corrective actions and solutions.
- Provide support and assistance to partners and stakeholders regarding outstanding P2P inquiries (e.g., purchase orders, invoices, payments, help desk).
- Provide training to partner divisions and stakeholders, ensure knowledge of the P2P process is disseminated to all interested parties.
- Collaborate with technical teams to ensure AP processes are monitored daily, reporting issues and discrepancies to management.
- Review and evaluate the invoice aging report; follow up on match exceptions, coordinate resolution with divisions, suppliers, and third-party processor.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration, or other Finance related major is preferred. A combination of education and experience is required.
- Experience Required: 0-2 years of increasing responsibility in Accounts Payable, Procurement Operations, Treasury, or Finance, including exposure to procure to pay processing in a large, decentralized, global company.
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills, including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- SAP Financials or other major enterprise financial system.
* Participants who complete a short wellness assessment qualify for FREE coverage in our HIP PPO medical plan. Free coverage applies in the next calendar year.
Learn more about our health and wellness benefits, which provide the security to help you and your family live full lives: www.abbottbenefits.com
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that can help you build your future and live your best life. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.
The base pay for this position is $46,700.00 – $93,300.00. In specific locations, the pay range may vary from the range posted.
- accounts payable
- accounts receivable
- invoice processing
- sap financials
- trial balance
- business administration
- customer service
- corrective actions
- quality control
Who We Are
PUT YOUR TALENTS TO WORK
Abbott values the leadership skills developed through military service and we have a broad range of functional areas to put your talents to work. Our organization is making a difference in the lives of the people we serve with a diverse offering of healthcare products. We have a strong veteran employee community to help with your transition from the military to the corporate world.