Account Executive Greater Pittsburgh, PA area (Western PA) Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Abbott Park, IL, US
Yes, 50 % of the Time
40 hours per week
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 115,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
PLEASE NOTE: This is not an active open requisition. We are building a candidate slate for a future opening.
Abbott is a global healthcare leader, creating breakthrough science to improve people’s health. We’re always looking towards the future, anticipating changes in medical science and technology.
Working at Abbott
At Abbott, you can do work that matters, grow, and learn, care for yourself and family, be your true self and live a full life. You’ll also have access to:
- Career development with an international company where you can grow the career you dream of.
- Free medical coverage for employees* via the Health Investment Plan (HIP) PPO
- An excellent retirement savings plan with high employer contribution
- Tuition reimbursement, the Freedom 2 Save student debt program and FreeU education benefit - an affordable and convenient path to getting a bachelor’s degree.
- A company recognized as a great place to work in dozens of countries around the world and named one of the most admired companies in the world by Fortune.
- A company that is recognized as one of the best big companies to work for as well as a best place to work for diversity, working mothers, female executives, and scientists.
- This position is a remote position.
- Qualified candidates must currently live in the Greater Pittsburgh, PA (Western PS) area.
- Relocation assistance is not authorized for this position
What You’ll Work On
The Account Executive is a strategic sales professional that’s highly skilled at finding ways to drive exponential growth in current customer accounts and identify and close new business. Works across multiple stakeholders including c-suite, expediting complex decisions to quick wins. Self-starter, develops and deploys best practices, identifies new customer insights to drive business, highly accountable, and delivers above expectations.
Main Responsibilities/Impact to Business:
- Focus on identifying and closing new business on small (>$1MM) and medium ($1MM-$5MM) accounts as well as expanding value and capture of shared accounts
- Move customers through contract life-cycle from shared to owned Abbott Core Diagnostic accounts through value expansion
- Responsible for day-to-day customer management on shared accounts including management of Allocations / Backorders, Ordering / shipments, and Customer requests
- Driving customer loyalty (resolving customer issue, NPS, Executive & Operational Customer Business Reviews)
- Renew business early or extend contracts to block the competition
- Create value for every customer (value expansion, improve utilization)
- Assess customer operations and identify opportunities for operational/service improvement
- Develop and execute existing account plans to ensure customer satisfaction and drive value
- expansion opportunities
- Elevate all customer challenges immediately as needed in partnership with the service organization
- Associate Degree
- 4 years of experience
- Willing to travel 40%.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Proven Success in Strategic Sales: exceeding plan and taking underperforming territory and turning around
- Experience in capital sales and/or multi-stakeholder environment: developing and selling customized solutions to senior level/c-suite executives
- Innovation and Change Management brings new ideas forward and drives them through organization
- Strong business planning process and attention to detail, strong Microsoft Office and CRM skills
* Participants who complete a short wellness assessment qualify for FREE coverage in our HIP PPO medical plan. Free coverage applies in the next calendar year.
Learn more about our health and wellness benefits, which provide the security to help you and your family live full lives: www.abbottbenefits.com
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that can help you build your future and live your best life. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.
The base pay for this position is $71,300.00 – $142,700.00. In specific locations, the pay range may vary from the range posted.
- Strategic Sales
- Customer Loyalty
- Customer Management
- Customer Satisfaction
- Retirement Savings
- Customer Loyalty
- Customer Management
- Business Planning Process
- Microsoft Office
- RELOCATION ASSISTANCE
- Business Reviews
- Customer Operations
- Career Development
- Attention To Detail
Who We Are
PUT YOUR TALENTS TO WORK
Abbott values the leadership skills developed through military service and we have a broad range of functional areas to put your talents to work. Our organization is making a difference in the lives of the people we serve with a diverse offering of healthcare products. We have a strong veteran employee community to help with your transition from the military to the corporate world.