2024 Spring Engineering Co-op Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Sylmar, CA, US
40 hours per week
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 115,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
We are seeking high caliber, innovative students who have an interest in the Medical Devices industry. Patients around the world benefit from our transformational pain management technologies and cutting-edge neuromodulation technologies and our catheter-based and surgical treatment solutions for structural heart disease are focused on ease-of-use and improving quality of life.
- Co-op—Typically a 6- to 8-month, 2 semester, full-time assignment
- Each year, Abbott has Co-ops on assignment at multiple business locations
- The majority of Co-ops have an Engineering focus
- Systems Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Opportunities may exist in other areas of the business as well, such as
- Regulatory Affairs
- Students receive learning experiences and meaningful work that challenge and reward, working on projects that directly align to our company’s mission
- Co-ops work at Abbott sites across the United States
Your experience(s), education and knowledge:
- Eligible students must be currently enrolled in the school year of the assignment and the semester following their assignment.
- Candidates must be currently enrolled at an accredited undergraduate or graduate engineering program
- GPA of 3.0 or greater
- Strong analytical, problem solving and communication skills
- Ability to learn quickly and work independently with minimal direct supervision
- Candidate must be available to work full-time (40 hours/week) during the 6 month Co-op session
- Students must be able to work in the US without requiring sponsorship
Your preferred qualifications and education:
- Rising juniors or graduate students preferred.
The base pay for this position is $15.50 – $30.70 per hour. In specific locations, the pay range may vary from the range posted.
- Graduate Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Computer Science
Who We Are
PUT YOUR TALENTS TO WORK
Abbott values the leadership skills developed through military service and we have a broad range of functional areas to put your talents to work. Our organization is making a difference in the lives of the people we serve with a diverse offering of healthcare products. We have a strong veteran employee community to help with your transition from the military to the corporate world.