2024 Finance Intern Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Alameda, CA, US
40 hours per week
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 115,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
The purpose of the internship is to provide meaningful professional hands-on experience to students with proven academic performance and leadership potential. Ideal candidates will utilize and further develop technical and soft skills (i.e. communication), business knowledge, analytical techniques and creative problem solving abilities.
The assignments are carried out in a variety of work environments such as: corporate and operating unit headquarters, manufacturing plants and support function locations, where the interns will interact with various finance co-workers and business partners.
Abbott’s worldwide business offers these interns an opportunity to work in a variety of fields, including:
- Financial Planning & Analysis
- Manufacturing Accounting
- Logistics/Supply Chain Finance
- Corporate Initiatives/Projects
Intern assignments could be located at the following locations (matched by Abbott):
- California (Alameda, Pleasanton, Santa Clara, and Temecula)
- Illinois (Lake County and Des Plaines)
- Ohio (Columbus)
- Minnesota (Plymouth)
- Texas (Austin)
- Florida (Orlando)
- Missouri (Kansas City)
Abbott strongly considers high performing interns as candidates for their Financial Professional Development Program (FPDP) after they graduate. Abbott’s (FPDP) is a two-year rotational leadership development program with four separate work assignments. The diverse assignments cover areas in: corporate and division headquarters, affiliate locations, manufacturing plants and other operating environments at various sites in the US and around the world.
- Completed at least one year of college education before beginning internship
- Must be enrolled in school the semester following your internship
- BS/BA student
- Before graduation, planning to complete minimum of 4 Accounting classes (one 3-4 credit hour accounting course needs to be cost accounting)
- School and/or work experience using Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Must have permanent authorization to work in the U.S
- BS/BA students with an emphasis in Finance, Accounting, or Economics
- Overall GPA of 3.0 or higher
- On-Campus leadership positions
- Member of school or national organizations in finance or accounting
- Previous work experience in finance or accounting related positions
The base pay for this position is $15.50 – $30.70 per hour. In specific locations, the pay range may vary from the range posted.
- manufacturing accounting
- supply chain finance
- financial planning & analysis
- cost accounting
- financial planning
- microsoft excel
- business knowledge
- problem solving
- analytical techniques
- soft skills
- creative problem solving
Who We Are
PUT YOUR TALENTS TO WORK
Abbott values the leadership skills developed through military service and we have a broad range of functional areas to put your talents to work. Our organization is making a difference in the lives of the people we serve with a diverse offering of healthcare products. We have a strong veteran employee community to help with your transition from the military to the corporate world.